As the best-selling video game console of this generation, it’s easy to expect that every streaming service would offer an app for the PlayStation 4 or PlayStation 5. But is Apple TV+ available on the PlayStation 4 as well? Unfortunately, no. Read on to learn more.
We’ll match you to the best live TV streaming service in under 5 minutes.Start Now
Apple TV+ on the PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5
Yes! You can now watch Apple TV+ on both the PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5 consoles.
For PlayStation 4 users:
- Go to the TV & Video section
- Select the Apple TV app from the menu
- Open the Apple V app after it downloads
- Go to the “Watch Now” screen
- Select Apple TV+
- Subscribe to Apple TV+ if you have not already to access Apple TV+ content
For PlayStation 5 users:
- Go to the Media Hub menu option
- Select Apple TV to download it (if not downloaded already)
- From there, follow the same instructions as PS4 users to get to Apple TV+ content
Which Devices Does Apple TV+ Support?
You’re not restricted to PlayStation Consoles for Apple TV+ streaming. The Apple TV+ streaming service has apps for the following devices:
- iPod Touch
- Apple TV (and Apple TV 4K)
- Mac computers
- Windows computers
- Apple AirPlay
- Newer Samsung, LG, Vizio, and Sony smart TVs
- Newer Roku devices and Roku TVs
- Amazon Fire TV
- Xbox One, Xbox Series S, or Xbox Series X
Apple offers 6 simultaneous streams with its Apple TV+ on-demand streaming service. Although you can’t use the PlayStation 4, you can install the app on multiple different devices and stream from multiple devices at once, making the service easily shareable.
All told, you may still want to purchase an Apple device. Apple is offering Apple TV+ with a 1-year subscription for free if you purchase an iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch, Apple TV or Mac computer.
Sam Cook is a full-time content strategist by day, a part-time freelance content writer since 2015. In another life, he was a high school English teacher for nearly a decade. Based in sunny New Orleans, he writes long-form educational content on technology, including Insurtech, Fintech, HRtech, and content streaming. He loves whittling down complex ideas within these areas that make decisions easier for buyers. When he’s not reading books with his son Miles and playing video games with the family, you can find him immersed in his growing collection of Euro-style board games.