STARZ launched its on-demand streaming service in 2016 for just $8.99 per month. The price is still the same in 2022 and the service offers over 1,400 titles available to stream on multiple popular devices and operating systems. STARZ device support is strong, and you can install its app or stream it through a large number of popular devices.
You can also enhance your viewing experience with our free channel guide for STARZ, which you can access on any device with a web browser.
What devices work with STARZ?
You can install a STARZ app on or stream it through the following devices:
- Mobile devices and tablets: Android devices (5 or greater), iOS devices (iOS 10.3 or later), Amazon Kindle Fire tablets (2014 or later running Fire OS 5+), Kindle Fire phones
- TV streaming media players: Apple TV (3rd Generation or 4th Generation running tvOS 9 or newer), Amazon Fire TV or Fire TV Stick, Android TV (Nexus Player, Razer Forge, NVIDIA Shield), and Roku (2nd Generation Roku 2, 3 or 4, and Roku Stick)
- Smart TVs: Sony TVs (2014 or newer running Android 5+), Samsung Smart TVs with Smart Hub, LG TVs (WebOS 3.0 or higher), Vizio Smart TV
- Game consoles: Xbox One, Xbox One S, Xbox Series X|S
- Desktop browsers: Current versions of Edge, Chrome, Firefox, or Safari, on Windows 10+ or Apple OSX 10.5.7+
Can I watch STARZ on other devices?
If there's a device you want to use with STARZ that's not listed here, you may be able to still access STARZ content through a streaming service that offers STARZ as an add-on channel. Options such as Amazon Channels, Philo, Sling TV, Hulu + Live TV, YouTube TV, and DirecTV Stream provide STARZ as an add-on channel, and each has its own set of supported devices.
For example, Hulu + Live TV is the only live TV streaming service that works on the Nintendo Switch, which means you can access STARZ content by subscribing to Hulu + Live TV with the STARZ add-on.
Enjoy great device support and content on STARZ
HBO and Showtime dominate the market for movie channels. However, STARZ is slowly making itself into a contender in the market for movie-channels-turned-streaming-services. Read our review to get the full scope of what the streamer as to offer.
Tara Khudairi • Author
Tara Khudairi is a freelance content writer and copywriter based in Toronto. Since 2014, she has contributed to brands and blogs alike to tackle popular topics relating to technology, personal finance, entertainment, travel and lifestyle. Whether it’s the latest streaming service or cryptocurrency, she’s passionate about making the complex simple. When she’s not busy typing away, you’ll find Tara watching Netflix’s latest true crime doc or a classic 90’s horror flick.
Davan Hamilton • Editor
Davan Hamilton is an editor and writer based in Jacksonville, FL. Holding a degree in Interdisciplinary Studies, her writing spans a wide range, from essays on film criticism and analysis to surreal poetry. Now, she works for Flixed as an editor, continuing to ignore the list of passion projects she’s accumulated. When she’s not glued to her computer, you can find her building endless amounts of Lego sets, binge-reading manga, or playing with (fighting) her cat.