Hulu’s streaming service has evolved and adapted over the years, becoming one of the kings of TV streaming. It’s modern without trying too hard, offering blockbuster hit movies alongside award-winning documentaries and independent films (including some of the best ones from this century). It’s nostalgic and comforting, bringing in long-running TV favorites Full House and feel-good rom-com.
But the benefit of Hulu goes beyond the quality flics and shows available. No one wants to battle the remote and their TV to get programs running. Hulu makes streaming simple. They offer their services in a few different packages, some with commercial-free options and a bundle with high-profile partners (looking at you Disney+, HBOMax, and ESPN+). BONUS: These all come with a free trial option, so you don’t need to pay a dime before you decide which Hulu subscription service is exemplary for you.
And the excellent news? Hoku pairs perfectly with many devices, including Roku. Roku’s interface allows you to download Hulu as an App. Connecting Roku + Hulu is just as simple as it would be to download an app to your phone.
Now With Disney+ and ESPN+Subscribe Now
How to get Hulu on Roku?
So does Roku have Hulu? Yes! Or at least it can (in a matter of seconds). Roku operates in the same way many of your smartphones, tablets, or smart TVs do: It’s a system of App’s. To start streaming Hulu, download the Hulu app onto any of Roku’s smart TVs and devices and log in.
Here’s how to get your Roku Hulu live:
- Step 1: Connect your Roku device to the internet. Make sure that the Roku is signed into your WiFi.
- Step 2: Once your Roku is connected, turn on the Roku.
- Step 3: Use the left arrow button on the remote to open up the Roku’s menu.
- Step 4: From the menu, select “Streaming Channels.” Hit the center circular button on the Roku remote.
- Step 5: This is where you can find the Hulu app. It might be on the first screen under “Featured” or “Recommended.” If not, scroll down to the search channels option on the menu and select it.
- Step 6: Once you have the App pulled up, select “Add channel.” At this time, the channel (AKA the app) will download.
- Step 7: Once it’s finished downloading, select the gto channel.
- Step 8: This will pull up the Hulu channel’s home screen. From here, use your account ID and password to log in to your Hulu service.
- Step 9: If you don’t already have a Hulu account, you will have to set one up at this time.
Now, you know the answer to “Is Hulu on Roku.?” For you — yes! You’re ready to stream. Enjoy that next HGTV episode.
Hulu supported devices
|Roku||Yes (Models after 2012)|
|Amazon Fire TV||Yes|
|Apple TV||Yes (3rd generation or later)|
|Xbox||Yes (Xbox 360 or Xbox One)|
|PlayStation||Yes (Playstation 3 and 4)|
|Vizio TV||Yes (For smart Tv’s)|
Hulu is supported on most new devices. Depending on the device, an older version of Hulu (the classic Hulu app) might be available, but you won’t be able to access some of the newer features, including live TV. If you have a Roku 2 (model 2720X), Roku 1 (model 2710X), or Roku LT (model 2700X), you will not have access to the entire Hulu. Any other Roku models are entirely compatible with Hulu and all its fancy new features.
Hulu Plans and Prices
Hulu has a few different options when it comes to plans and pricing. They start at just $5.99 a month and peak at $64.99 a month, but the cool thing about Hulu’s plans? This lets you take some time to test the glorious Hulu waters before you fully dive in.
The most popular plan is also the cheapest. For just $5.99/month, you get access to all of Hulu’s hit movies, TV shows, original content, and more with ads. If you don’t want commercials interrupting your binge-watching, you’ll want to choose the next plan up at $11.99/month. This includes all of the same content but without any of those annoying advertisements. For those who want the premium Hulu experience, the $64.99/month package ups the bar with 65+ Live and on-demand TV and access to their entire library.
For more entertainment value, choose the Hulu, Disney+, and ESPN+ bundle. These plans are the same as the ones outlined above, except with all 3 channels. Pricing for the bundles are $13.99/month, $19.99/month, and $72.99/month, respectively.
These plans and pricing only include the services. You’ll have to account for the cost of WiFi or internet and the devices separately.
Now With Disney+ and ESPN+Subscribe Now