Today it’s hard to imagine a world without streaming services. Netflix was one of the first brands to blaze the trail and it helped spawn an entirely new industry. Since Netflix is several years older and consequently more established than competing streaming services, it’s had a bit more time to develop apps for TV devices. Read on to find out which TV devices work with Netflix.
We’ll match you to the best live TV streaming service in under 5 minutes.Start Now
Which Devices Work with Netflix?
Netflix has apps for all of the following devices:
- Living room devices: Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV, Android TV and Roku, Chromecast
- Smart TVs: Televisions based on Amazon Fire TV, Android TV, Roku, Hisense, LG, Panasonic, Phillips, Samsung, Sony and Toshiba
- Mobile devices and tablets: Android, iOS, Windows Phone
- Game consoles: PlayStation, Xbox, Wii
- Desktop browsers: Most Mac and PC browsers
One interesting thing about the Netflix app is that you can use it to call up the support team via the internet for free.
If you own an Oculus, Gear VR or Google Daydream View, you can watch Netflix content on it by downloading the Netflix VR app. The Netflix VR app displays whatever Netflix content you want to see inside of a virtual living room environment.
Is Netflix Still Worth the Cost in 2019?
Netflix recently raised its subscription prices, but the streaming giant plans on using its enormous resources to continue creating high quality originals. Last year, the Netflix spent a whopping $8 billion to produce in-house TV shows and movies. On the other hand, some of Netflix’s most streamed titles– like The Office and Friends— may not remain on the service for long.