Some subscription services require you to call customer support to cancel, but the process of leaving Netflix is fairly straightforward. In fact, you can quit Netflix in just a few clicks. Keep reading to find out everything you have to do.
Before we start, we want to highlight a bill negotiation and subscription cancellation service. Billshark can help you save 25% on monthly bills in minutes by canceling unwanted subscriptions and negotiating better rates for your bills. Billshark doesn’t get paid until you lower your bill or cancel your subscription.
Before we start, we want to highlight a bill negotiation and subscription cancellation service. Billshark can help you save 25% on monthly bills in minutes by cancelling unwanted subscriptions and negotiating better rates for your bills. Billshark doesn't get paid until you lower your bill or cancel your subscription.
Sign up below to start saving.
How to cancel your Netflix subscription
Are you ready to cancel your Netflix subscription? The good news is it only takes several steps.
- Open Netflix and access your account using the existing credentials.
- Once you log into the profile, you’ll find the Account menu.
- Open it and scroll to the “Cancel Membership” button. You won’t miss it since it’s right below your membership and billing information. It’s in large grey letters, so click the button.
- Before you confirm your cancellation, Netflix will give you the option to downgrade to a cheaper plan. Confirm that you want to cancel your account and not downgrade.
- After you quit, you will still be able to access your account until the next billing cycle begins.
The process is similar on all devices, whether you use PCs, smartphones, or tablets. If it happens that you have any issues with cancelation, contact customer service. Read our Netflix customer support guide to learn how to get in touch with the agents.
After canceling Netflix, you might want to enjoy live TV. Sling TV is a fairly affordable option offering two basic packages to pick from based on your preference. Our detailed TV guide will help you find more info on content to watch across channels available on live streaming platforms.
Can I restart my Netflix subscription later?
Netflix will save your viewing history and all your other account data for up to ten months. If you restart your membership at any point within that time frame, it’ll seem as if you never left.
After ten months, Netflix will erase your data. However, you still have the option to rejoin Netflix. You’ll just need to sign up for a new account.
Netflix alternatives – the best options to replace Netflix and enjoy top-quality content
There are many on-demand streaming services to switch to when moving from Netflix, and the top selections include:
- Hulu has excellent originals, and many of the popular network and cable TV shows that it carries are available right after they air.
- Amazon Prime Video is the best on-demand video service that you may not even know you have since all Amazon Prime subscribers can use it.
- HBO Max has hit the market and attracted millions in a short timeframe. Its content library includes the entire HBO catalog, along with a slew of kid-friendly originals.
- Paramount+ is a new addition launched by CBS, and it offers thousands of hours of movies, TV shows, and other original and third-party content.
If you are unsure about the Netflix alternative that fits your needs, try Flixed’s Cord-Cutter Express tool. It asks you a handful of questions and then uses your responses to predict which streaming service you’ll like the most. Best of all: it’s totally free!