Amazon Prime Video is a great option for cord-cutters who want to enjoy plenty of TV shows, movies, and Amazon Prime originals like Good Omens on demand. But what is Amazon Prime Video device support like? Can you use it on all of your favorite devices? Find out in this article from Flixed.
Before we continue, we want to highlight a featured deal. The Disney Bundle is one of the best options for streaming, with a package that offers a rich catalog of content for all ages, including movies, shows, and sports.
Sign up below to get the whole bundle, or choose Disney Plus standalone at a lower price.
What devices work with Amazon Prime Video?
Currently, you can use Amazon Prime Video on all of the following devices.
- Smart TVs. Sony, Samsung, Panasonic, LG, VIZIO, Hisense, Philips, Sharp, Grundig, TCL, AOC, JVC, and Xiaomi are among the top brands supported. You can find the Amazon Prime Video app in respective app stores.
- Blu-Ray players. Selected players from LG, Panasonic, Samsung, and Sony are on the list of supported devices.
- Media players. Roku, Tivo, Google Chromecast, and Apple TV are all on the list, as well as some less popular names.
- Gaming consoles. Sony PlayStation 3, 4, and 5, and Microsoft Xbox One, S, and X, are among the consoles supported.
- Desktop PCs. You can access the website from Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Opera, and Microsoft Edge since these are supported browsers.
- Mobile devices. You can enjoy Amazon prime Video on most newer Android and iOS devices.
- Amazon devices. As expected, you’ll find impressive support for Fire TV, Amazon Fire TV stick, Fire tablet, and Echo devices with a screen.
If you need information about watching on multiple devices at the same time, check out the Amazon Prime Video simultaneous stream guide.
Can I use Amazon Prime Video on other devices?
If you have an older, outdated device that is not explicitly supported by Amazon Prime Video, you may still be able to get it to work. However, you may run into performance and stability issues. A supported device is always a better option. If you need further assistance, check out the Amazon prime Video support guide to learn what to expect when you contact the platform’s staff.
Amazon Prime Video is among the leading VOD platforms
Amazon Prime Video has a huge lineup of movies and TV shows, including shows you won’t find on any other streaming service like Hulu. It also has some unique Amazon Prime Originals like Good Omens, The Grand Tour, and The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel , which you won’t be able to find anywhere else.
The content quantity is also impressive, and you can also consider add-ons that provide even more content, including TV channels. It’s best to check the Amazon Prime Video review to get the most detailed information. You’ll see that APV deserves a shot if you enjoy watching VOD!
30-day Prime TrialSubscribe Now
Sling is the best Live TV alternative to Amazon Prime Video
If you need something different, perhaps you’d like to try a live TV streaming platform. Sling is among the most affordable options and has two basic packages to pick one that suits your preference. Sports fans will enjoy ESPN and other channels in the Orange package. On the other hand, news and entertainment fans might enjoy the Blue package more since it comes with Fox News, E! and other channels. Ultimately, the decision on the preferred streaming service is up to you!
Eric Liston is a content writer based in Columbus, Ohio. Since 2015, he’s been writing about technology, cord-cutting, and helping everyday people save money. He also has expertise writing about medicine, dentistry, insurance, and a variety of other industries. No matter what he’s writing, his focus is always on simplifying complex concepts and making them approachable for everyone. When he’s not slamming away on his keyboard at his home office, you’ll find Eric reading sci-fi novels, improving his disc golf game (he just hit his first 400-foot drive) and playing video games on his gaming PC.