beIN Sports, first launched in 2012, has quickly become one of the most popular sports channels for international sports such as soccer, rugby, motorsports, cycling, and handball, among many others.
If you’re looking to watch beIN Sports without cable, you’re not alone. Because of the skyrocketing price of cable, more Americans than ever are choosing to ditch their pricey cable plan and find alternative methods of watching beIN Sports.
In this guide, we’ll discuss your top 3 options on how to watch beIN Sports without cable, as well as the programming offered by beIN Sports. Let’s get started now.
- 1 The Best Way to Watch beIN Sports Without Cable – Understanding Internet TV and “Skinny Bundles”
- 2 fuboTV
- 3 Sling TV
- 4 beIN Connect
- 5 What’s On beIN Sports?
The Best Way to Watch beIN Sports Without Cable – Understanding Internet TV and “Skinny Bundles”
Even just 5 years ago, there was no way to watch popular cable channels like beIN Sports without a costly cable or satellite TV subscription. But that has changed, thanks to the rising popularity of cord-cutting.
As Americans continue to cut the cord on cable and pay TV, cable companies are looking for alternative ways to stay profitable. This led to the introduction of the “skinny bundle” internet TV service. Sling TV was the first such service when it started in early 2015.
“Skinny bundle” internet TV include a pared-down list of cable channels for a lower price – hence the name. Internet TV is marketed towards people who are sick of the high price of cable bills, and the confusing fees and extras that are often included with cable TV.
Because of this, all major internet TV services offer simplified pricing with no hidden fees or long-term contracts. You can get internet TV service month-by-month with no other fees, and watch your favorite shows anywhere in your home – no cable or satellite connection required.
“Skinny bundles” are also quite a bit cheaper than cable packages, as they include fewer unnecessary channels. You can get internet TV from about $20-$70 per month, while most services cost around $40/month, which is less than half the cost of a cable bill.
For these reasons and many more, internet TV is the best way to watch live TV without cable. Wondering which internet TV services have beIN Sports? Let’s take a look at your top 3 options for watching beIN Sports without cable now, using “skinny bundle” internet TV services.
fuboTV was originally designed to cater to sports fans who wanted to cut the cord and had an interest in international sports. For this reason, it has the biggest lineup of beIN Sports channels available, as well as plenty of other sports programming, and lifestyle, news, and entertainment channels.
Plans, deals, and pricing
|Fubo||Fubo Latino||Fubo Português|
|Fire TV Support||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Sign Up||7-DAY FREE TRIAL||7-DAY FREE TRIAL||7-DAY FREE TRIAL|
You can get beIN Sports channels with fubo Premier, fubo Latino, and fubo Português. However, fubo Latino and fubo Português are focused on Spanish-speaking and Portuguese-speaking viewers, so they only include beIN Sports and beIN Sports ñ.
In contrast, the fubo package and the newly-introduced fubo Extra package, which cost $45/month and $50/month respectively, allow you to get the full suite of beIN Sports channels— many more than Sling TV. You’ll get a total of 10 beIN Sports channels—so you’ll never miss out on a moment of the action.
If you are a big fan of international sports such as soccer, rugby, and motorsports, fuboTV is probably a better choice for you compared to Sling TV. You can even add more sports coverage with the Sports Plus package, as well as the fubo Cycling package and International Sports Plus package. Check out the fuboTV website for details.
fuboTV has a reasonable set of features, though they are not exactly groundbreaking. You do get a free DVR, unlike with Sling TV, but you are limited to only 30 hours of storage. To get more, you’ll need to purchase an upgrade for $10/month, which will get you an enormous 500 hours of storage.
You also can only stream on 2 devices at once, which places fuboTV between Sling Blue and Orange when it comes to simultaneous streaming. If you want, you can pay an extra $6/month to add a third stream, though.
fuboTV also has pretty good device support. You can stream on your browser, as well as iOS and Android on the go. At home, fuboTV has support for all the major streaming devices, like Apple TV, Roku, Chromecast, and Amazon Fire TV.
You can get started with a free trial of fuboTV at their website to see if their sports-focused streaming package is right for you.
Sling TV was first launched way back in 2015, and it’s the oldest and most well-known cable alternative. With an “a la carte” approach to adding channels, and more than 2.2 million subscribers, it’s a great way to watch beIN Sports without cable.
Plans, deals, and pricing
|Sling Orange||Sling Blue||Sling Orange + Blue|
|Fire TV Support||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Special Offers||FREE ROKU DEAL||FREE ROKU DEAL||FREE ROKU DEAL|
You can get two base-tier subscriptions with Sling TV. You can choose Sling Orange for $20/month and get about 30 channels, or boost that number to 45 with the $25/month Sling Blue package. You can also combine both to get around 50 channels for $40/month (there is a significant amount of channel overlap).
beIN Sports is not available in any of the basic Sling TV packages. However, one of Sling’s biggest selling points is that it offers you the ability to customize your cable subscription “a la carte” with individual “extra” packages. These packages range from lifestyle and entertainment channels to premium channels like HBO and sports packages.
You can get beIN Sports with Sling Orange for a $5/month fee, in the “Sports Extra” package. You will also get ESPN Goal Line, ESPN Bases Loaded, Stadium, Outside TV, Motorsport TV, and Univision TDN.
If you choose Sling Blue, the “Sports Extra” package will cost you $10/month, but you’ll get more channels that don’t come with Sling Orange, like NFL RedZone, NBA TV, NHL Network, NBC Golf, the PAC 12 Network, and The Olympic Channel.
You can also get beIN Sports and beIN Sports ñ if you choose the “Best of Spanish TV” add-on, which costs $5/month on Sling Blue (Sling Orange does not have beIN Sports channels in the “Best Of Spanish TV” add-on). If you are a Spanish speaker, this is a good alternative that includes channels like Estrella TV, Galavision, Unimas, and Univision.
Beyond offering different channels, Sling Blue and Sling Orange have different features. Sling Orange only lets you stream your content on 1 device at a time, while Sling Blue lets you stream on up to 3 devices simultaneously. This is true even if you get Sling Orange + Blue—Blue channels can only be streamed on 3 devices, and Orange channels on 1 device.
Sling TV also does not have a free cloud DVR. You have to pay $5/month for a cloud DVR, which will get you 50 hours of storage.
Besides these rather limited features, subscribing to Sling TV is somewhat confusing—as you probably figured out already. The “extras” have different channels depending on what base Sling package you subscribe to, and both Sling Orange and Blue have a lot of shared channels.
On a more positive note, Sling TV has great device support. You can watch Sling TV on your Android and iOS devices, as well as on your computer, and streaming devices such as the Chromecast, Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV, Roku, Xbox One, and some newer Samsung Smart TVs.
If you’re interested in trying out Sling TV, you can give it a shot with a free 7-day trial now.
beIN Connect is a streaming service offered directly by beIN Sports. You can sign into beIN Connect with your cable credentials and watch both live and archived beIN sports programming.
Best of all, beIN Connect supports both Sling TV and fuboTV. If you have a subscription to either of these internet TV services, you can log into beIN connect and watch your favorite sports—just like you would if you still had cable.
Why should you bother using beIN Connect if you already subscribe to fuboTV or Sling TV? For one important reason: you can watch beIN Connect without it counting towards your current number of simultaneous streams.
For example, if you have Sling Orange, you can watch beIn Connect on your device, and a friend or family member can still use your Sling Orange subscription to watch live TV using Sling. Using beIN Connect can help you get around the restrictive simultaneous streaming limitations of fuboTV and Sling TV.
However, beIN Connect is not yet available on most streaming devices. Currently, you can only stream beIN Connect using your computer’s web browser, iOS and Android, and the Google Chromecast. It’s unknown when further device support will be released.
What’s On beIN Sports?
Not sure what programs are aired on beIN Sports? Here are just a few of the sports, championship leagues, and other types of programming you can expect.
Association Football (Soccer)
If you’re a big fan of soccer, beIN Sports is going to meet your every need. It broadcasts top-tier soccer leagues from around the world, including:
- La Liga – La Liga is the top-tier Spanish soccer league, with world-renowned teams such as Real Madrid, Barcelona, and Atletico Madrid.
- Serie A – Serie A is the top Italian soccer league, featuring teams such as Juventus, Milan, and Internazionale.
- Ligue 1 – Ligue 1 is the highest professional league for French soccer, and includes famous teams like Paris Saint-Germain and Montpelier.
- Copa del Rey – The Copa del Rey is the oldest Spanish soccer competition, and was founded in 1903.
- CONMEBOL World Cup – beIN Sports holds rights to all CONMEBOL World Cup matches and qualifying matches.
- Football League Championship – The Championship is the second-highest competitive soccer league in England, behind the Premier League.
- Real Madrid TV – All Real Madrid games are shown by beIN Sports, due to their partnership with Real Madrid TV.
- K-League Classic – The K-League Classic is the highest level of soccer competition in South Korea.
fuboTV also has a lot of coverage of motorsports, including:
- MotoGP – MotoGP is one of the largest international motorcycle racing championship circuits, and it’s the oldest motorsport world championship.
- World SuperBike – The World SuperBike Championship uses highly-modified production motorcycles, unlike MotoGP, which uses purpose-built motorcycles. In the three decades since its founding, it has become a popular international spectator sport.
- MotoAmerica – MotoAmerica covers the American AMA SuperBike competition, which is part of the larger World SuperBike competition.
- FIA World Rallycross Championship – The yearly FIA World Rallycross Championship is aired on beIN Sports, and features 12 different two-day events across a variety of circuits.
beIN SPorts offers coverage of the following rugby leagues:
- English Premiership Rugby – The top division of the English rugby system, English Premiership Rugby games are regularly aired by beIN Sports.
- Super League Rugby– Super League Rugby includes rugby teams in the Northern Hemisphere. English and French teams currently make up the 12-team league, though Canadian and Welsh clubs can also qualify.
- Australian Rugby Union – beIN SPorts covers the Australian Rugby Union, airing matches from the national Australian mens and womens teams, and more.
beIN SPorts has a variety of tennis programming, including:
- WTA Tour – The primary organizing body for women’s tennis, the WTA season consists of more than 54 professional events held worldwide.
- ATP Tour – The ATP World Tour is the highest level of men’s tennis competition, and includes the ATP Finals and the Grand Slam.
beIN Sports airs games from the EHF Champions League, which is the highest league of competition handball play in Europe.
beIN SPorts recently signed a contract to air games from the NCAA Conference USA, which consists of Division I schools such as Marshall University, Western Kentucky University, Florida Atlantic University, and The University of North Carolina at Charlotte, among others.
Sports aired include football, soccer, baseball, softball, and quite a few others, depending on the season and the participating NCAA schools.