Some subscription services require you to call customer support to cancel, but the process of leaving Netflix is fairly straightforward. In fact, you can quit Netflix in just a few clicks. Keep reading to find out everything you have to do.
How to cancel your Netflix subscription
Here are the steps to cancelling your Netflix subscription:
- Log into your account and hover over your profile image.
- From the drop down menu, click Account.
- At the top of the page under the Membership & Billing header, click the “Cancel Membership”.
- Confirm your cancellation. You’ll be able to continue using Netflix until the end of your current billing cycle.
The process is similar on all devices, whether you use PCs, smartphones, or tablets. If it happens that you have any issues with cancelation, contact customer service. Read our Netflix customer support guide to learn how to get in touch with the agents.
Can I restart my Netflix subscription later?
Netflix will save your viewing history and all your other account data for up to ten months. If you restart your membership at any point within that time frame, it’ll seem as if you never left.
After ten months, Netflix will erase your data. However, you still have the option to rejoin Netflix. You’ll just need to sign up for a new account.
Netflix alternatives – the best options to replace Netflix and enjoy top-quality content
There are many on-demand streaming services to switch to when moving from Netflix, and the top selections include:
- Hulu has excellent originals, and many of the popular network and cable TV shows that it carries are available right after they air.
- Amazon Prime Video is the best on-demand video service that you may not even know you have since all Amazon Prime subscribers can use it.
- Max has hit the market and attracted millions in a short timeframe. Its content library includes the entire HBO catalog, along with a slew of kid-friendly originals.
- Paramount+ is a new addition launched by CBS, and it offers thousands of hours of movies, TV shows, and other original and third-party content.
Aneeca Younas • Author
Aneeca Younas is a graduated journalist with years of experience writing in different niches based in Oakland, CA. She is a huge movie fan that also enjoys watching sports. That's why she spends hours daily using various streaming services. Over the years, Aneeca profiled herself as an expert in cable-free and VOD platforms.
Davan Hamilton • Editor
Davan Hamilton is an editor and writer based in Jacksonville, FL. Holding a degree in Interdisciplinary Studies, her writing spans a wide range, from essays on film criticism and analysis to surreal poetry. Now, she works for Flixed as an editor, continuing to ignore the list of passion projects she’s accumulated. When she’s not glued to her computer, you can find her building endless amounts of Lego sets, binge-reading manga, or playing with (fighting) her cat.