Paramount+ is the replacement for CBS All Access, which has been absorbed into this new streaming service from ViacomCBS. Paramount+ has all the same content as CBS All Access, along with tons of new originals and movies, so it’s a great option for cord-cutters.
But what device support does this new service have? Can you stream it on your existing devices? Great question. Let’s take a look at Paramount+ device support and give you the answers you need.
What devices work with Paramount+?
Paramount+ device support currently includes the following streaming devices:
- TV streaming media players – Apple TV (4th gen and up), Chromecast (all gens), Amazon Fire devices (all gens), Nvidia Shield, select Xiaomi devices, Xfinity Flex, Xfinity X1, Cox Contour box
- Web browsers – Google Chrome (Windows 8+, macOS X 10.9+), Firefox (Windows 8+, macOS X 10.9+), Safari (macOS X 10.10+), Windows Edge (v14 on Windows 10+)
- Mobile devices – iOS devices running v.13+, and Android devices running Android 5 (Lollipop) or higher
- Gaming consoles – PlayStation 4, Xbox consoles
- Smart TVs – Vizio TV, LG TV, Samsung TV, Sony Bravia Android TVs, Hisense Android TV, TCL 3-Series Smart TV (Model 32S330)
- Smart home devices – Portal TV from Facebook
If you’ve got questions or need more in-depth information about support for a particular device, you can take a look at the official Paramount+ support page here.
Can I use Paramount+ on other devices?
If your device isn’t listed above or on the Paramount+ website, it’s unlikely that it will work. Paramount+ is intended to be used on newer devices with current operating systems. It may be possible to set up Paramount+ on some older devices, but you may run into technical issues or stability problems, as well as limited overall functionality.
The good news is that many Paramount+ alternatives are available. The market is full of video-on-demand platforms loaded with quality content.
Paramount+ is among the leading video-on-demand services
Paramount+ is the exclusive home of a lot of different programs that used to be part of CBS All Access, such as Star Trek: Discovery and Star Trek: Picard, as well as a ton of other Paramount+ originals. It also has lots of different shows and movies from ViacomCBS channels like CBS, Smithsonian Channel, Comedy Central, BET, MTV, and Nickelodeon. The great combination of quantity and quality makes Paramount+ a tempting choice!
Sports fans will appreciate live NFL and soccer Champions League games, which only spice up the offer available on Paramount+. If you are a sports fan, you might want ESPN channels or more live TV content. Sling TV Orange, for example, keeps a fairly affordable price while offering a tempting channel lineup for all ages and interests.
Free 7-day TrialTry Free
Tech, video games, and a good book. I love all of them, and I'd write about all of them if I had the chance! I've been a teacher in the past, now a writer for tech-related news, guides, and information.