STARZ launched its on-demand streaming service in 2016 for just $8.99 per month. With over 1,400 titles available to stream, you may want to get STARZ on multiple devices. Thankfully, you can! STARZ device support is strong, and you can install its app or stream it through a large number of popular devices.
What Devices Work with STARZ?
You can install a STARZ app on or stream it through the following devices:
- TV streaming media players: Apple TV (3rd Generation or 4th Generation running tvOS 9 or newer), Amazon Fire TV or Fire TV Stick Android TV (Nexus Player, Razer Forge, NVIDIA Shield), and Roku (2nd Generation Roku 2, 3 or 4, and Roku Stick)
- Smart TVs: Sony TVs (2014 or newer running Android 5+), Samsung Smart TVs with Smart Hub, LG TVs (WebOS 3.0 or higher)
- Mobile devices and tablets: Android devices (4.1 or greater), iOS devices (iOS 8.1 or later), Amazon Kindle Fire tablets (2014 or later running Fire OS 5+), Kindle Fire phones
- Game consoles: Xbox One and Xbox One S
- Desktop browsers: Current versions of Edge, Chrome, Firefox, or Safari on Windows 8+, or Apple OSX 10.5.7+
Can I Watch STARZ on Other Devices?
STARZ may also add support for other devices not listed. We’ll monitor STARZ’s device support and update if there are any major changes. At present, you can only use STARZ on the device listed above, although you technically may be able to stream through the STARZ website on devices not listed. However, that is not recommended.
Why Use STARZ?
HBO and Showtime dominate the market for movie channels. However, STARZ is slowly making itself into a contender in the market for movie-channels-turned-streaming-services. You can now get over 1,400 titles through STARZ, which is more than HBO and Showtime offer, as well as a (slowly) growing library of original content.
STARZ is owned by Lionsgate and therefore has a lot of Lionsgate content, but also carries many classic and newly released movies and TV shows from other production companies.