Quasar is one of the most popular torrenting addons for Kodi on the web. Like most torrent powered Kodi addons, Quasar allows you to start watching a video torrent file before it’s finished downloading. It also scrapes multiple torrent sites, allowing you to search the internet’s most popular torrents sites simultaneously.
Want to learn how to install Quasar on Kodi? If the answer was yes, scroll down to get the info you need.
Disclaimer: This guide is intended to help readers access content they already have purchased the rights to access, but are for whatever reason unable to access either temporarily, or permanently. Flixed.io does not support piracy and bears no responsibility for what you decide to do with the information provided in this article. Furthermore, please note that Flixed.io in no way hosts, develops, or produces any of the software mentioned within this article. We also do not support the use, distribution or purchase of fully-loaded Kodi boxes or other pirate streaming devices. For more information, please see our full disclaimer here.
Before we Proceed
We highly recommend using a VPN before torrenting anything. Users who torrent certain types of files have been known to receive copyright infringement notices from their ISPs. If you would like to keep your streaming habits private, our recommendation is IPVanish - a complete privacy solution for people who torrent.
How to install Quasar for Kodi
Quasar installation in a nutshell: In order to install Quasar, the first thing you must do is configure Kodi to allow remote control by programs on other systems via the settings menu. Next, you have to download the appropriate Quasar zip file for your device and open it from inside of Kodi. Once you’ve installed the Quasar addon, the next step is to open Quasar and allow it to download Quasar Burst. It should do this automatically. Once you have the Quasar Burst provider, you’ll be able to use your Kodi to search for and download torrent files.
Now that you have the big picture idea of how the installation should proceed, here’s a detailed, step-by-step view of the process.
Step #1: Allow remote access
- First, click the gear icon.
- Then, navigate to service settings → control. Next, enable the following settings:
- Allow remote control via HTTP
- Allow remote control from applications on this system
- Allow remote control from applications on other systems
Also, if you haven’t already enabled unknown sources you can do that by navigating to gear icon → system settings → addons → unknown sources
Step #2: Download the Quasar installation file
The latest and greatest version of Quasar can be found at https://quasar.surge.sh/. Be sure to pick the installation file that matches your system. Quasar runs on Android, Linux, Apple and Windows devices.
Note: If you install the wrong version of Quasar, Kodi will generate errors when you try to run it.
Once you’ve downloaded the Quasar installation file, click addons from Kodi’s main menu and then click the box icon.
Next, click install from zip file and then navigate to wherever you downloaded the Quasar installer.
Step #3: Wait for Quasar to install Quasar Burst
The first time you open Quasar, it’ll install a provider called Quasar Burst. After you have Quasar Burst, you’ll be able to browse and download torrents. But if you try to use Quasar before Quasar Burst finishes installing, you’ll run into an error message.
If you want to know whether or not you have Quasar Burst, go to Quasar’s main menu screen and click providers.
If you don’t see Quasar Burst in the providers menu, the auto-install may not have triggered. Restart Kodi and open up Quasar again, and you should be able to get Quasar Burst.
Optional: Install Quasar Burst manually
If Quasar Burst doesn’t install automatically, you can download the Quasar Burst zip file from http://burst.surge.sh/.
Once you’ve downloaded the Quasar Burst zip file, click addons from Kodi’s main menu and then click the box icon.
Next, click install from zip file and then navigate to wherever you downloaded the Quasar Burst zip file.
Tips for using Quasar
- If Quasar doesn’t work at first, restart your Kodi and try again. We had to reboot Kodi a few times to get Quasar to work on our system.
- If you can’t find what you want, use search. The browsing menus don’t always work because torrents don’t always match up perfectly with content titles. That’s why if you use search, you can usually pull up more results.
- Look for popular torrents. If lots of people are downloading the file you want, you’ll be able to download it faster. At the start of each file, Quasar shows you how many seeders and leachers are in the torrent swarm. The more, the merrier.
- Activate more torrent sources to get more hits. If you right click Quasar Burst and go into its settings menu, you can turn on additional torrent sources.