Paramount+ is the new replacement for CBS All Access, and it’s a good one, with a wide variety of additional content from CBSViacom networks like Nickelodeon, MTV and more, as well as a ton of originals and movies, and access to all of the same content available on CBS All Access, like Star Trek: Discovery.
But what about Paramount+ offline viewing and DVR options? Can you download shows and watch them without an internet connection? Is there a DVR? Learn everything you need to know from Flixed.
Does Paramount+ Have A DVR?
No. Since Paramount+ is primarily a VOD (Video On Demand) service, it doesn’t have a DVR. That’s because you can watch all of its content on demand.
There is an exception, though. The higher-tier ad-free Paramount+ plan comes with a CBS live stream. You might expect a DVR to be provided for this, but no such luck. You can’t DVR CBS to watch it later using Paramount+, so you’ll need to explore other options, like using a DVR to record its OTA (Over The Air) broadcast signal.
Paramount+ On-Demand Programming
In total, Paramount+ has more than 30,000 on-demand episodes and hundreds of movies that you can watch on demand. And if you want to save these shows and watch them on-the-go, you’re in luck – Paramount+ offline viewing is an option, even though there’s no Paramount+ DVR.
Paramount+ Offline Viewing
With offline viewing from Paramount+, you can save most shows and movies to a device like a phone or tablet to watch them later, even if you don’t have an internet connection. This is great if you have a spotty internet connection in parts of your home or you’re traveling. However, there are some restrictions you should know about when it comes to Paramount+ offline viewing.
- You can only download Paramount+ shows for offline viewing with the $9.99/month Commercial Free plan
- iPhones with iOS 11+ and Androids with Android 5+ are supported
- All videos are available for 30 days after you download them
- After you initiate playback on a video, it will be deleted in 48 hours and removed from your download library. You’ll have to download it again if you weren’t finished
- You can have a maximum of 25 videos (including movies and TV shows) in your library at any given time
- Videos can be manually deleted to free up space, or set to automatically delete after you’ve watched them
- You are limited to downloading the same video to a maximum of 5 devices simultaneously
In addition, not all content is downloadable. Most Paramount+ originals, reality TV shows, primetime dramas, children’s programming, and classic shows can be downloaded, but there are some exceptions. You’ll see a download icon next to content that can be downloaded directly to your device.
Free 7-day TrialTry Free