Do you have several different 3rd party video addons on your Kodi? If so, you should get Metalliq. Metalliq searches through all your addons for whatever movie or TV show you want to watch. It’s a handy little utility that will save you time, because it negates the need to open up several different addons when you’re looking for hard-to-find streams.
Disclaimer: This guide is intended to help readers access content they already have purchased the rights to access, but are for whatever reason unable to access either temporarily, or permanently. Flixed.io does not support software piracy, and bears no responsibility for what you decide to do with the contents of this article. Furthermore, please note that Flixed.io in no way hosts, develops, or produces any of the software mentioned within this article. For more information, please see our full disclaimer here.
Before we Proceed
We highly recommend using a VPN when using Kodi. Kodi users have been known to receive copyright infringement notices for streaming movies, sports, and TV shows through various addons. If you would like to keep your streaming habits private, our recommendation is IPVanish - a complete privacy solution for Kodi users. It's also worth noting that purchasing a 12 month subscription will give you two months free.
One addon to rule them all
Metalliq is sort of an addon for addons. When you click a movie or TV show in Metalliq, it’ll look through all your addons to see if it can find whatever it is you want.
If you try to run Metalliq on a fresh Kodi installation, it won’t do anything. That’s because Metalliq depends on other addons for content. Metalliq works great with many of the video addons we cover here at AddonHQ.
How to use Metalliq
Metalliq’s interface is simple. When you load Metalliq for the first time, you’ll see the main menu. The main menu has several different options: movies, TV shows, music, TV channels, playlists and enter search string. If you click any of the first four menus, Metalliq will reach out to the Internet Movie Database or the TV Movie Database and pull down a list of content.
If Metalliq finds the title in one of your addons, it’ll open up the addon and play it automatically. But if you have more than one addon that has a link to what you want to watch, Metalliq will allow you to decide which addon you want to use.
How to install Metalliq for Kodi
- To install Metalliq for Kodi, first download repository.q.zip from https://archive.org/download/OpenELEQ/. Then, open repository.q.zip from inside of Kodi via the addon menu, through the install from zip file option. Finally, go back into the addon menu and install Metalliq via install from repository.
Here’s a step-by-step walk-through of how to install Metalliq in Kodi Krypton:
Visit https://archive.org/download/OpenELEQ/ and download repository.q.zip to your hard drive.
- Open up Kodi and click addons. Then, click the box icon.
- Choose install from zip file.
- Select repository.q.zip.
- Wait until the installation is complete, then go back to Kodi’s main menu and select addons again.
- Click the box icon again, but this time select install from repository.
- Choose q repository, then video addons, then metalliq.
4 addons that work great with Metalliq
The four video addons listed below work particularly well with Metalliq.
- Exodus. Exodus is the king of all movie addons. It has a huge list of sources that reach out to websites located all over the globe. If you don’t have Exodus yet, you should definitely install it and give it a spin.
- Specto. Specto is almost exactly the same as Exodus, only it uses a different list of sources to look for streams. Specto is a good backup for when you can’t find what you want on Exodus.
- Phoenix. Phoenix’s menu system is very weird, but you can find good stuff if you’re willing to take the time to poke around. Alternatively, if you use Metalliq to access Phoenix content you don’t have to deal with the menu system at all.
- Velocity. Velocity is yet another Exodus imitation that works well with Metalliq. You can download it and use it with Metalliq to add yet another list of streaming sources to your streaming arsenal.
Like many video addons, Metalliq features Trakt integration. If you tend to uninstall / reinstall Kodi a lot or use lots of different devices to watch movies and shows, Trakt is useful to have. It allows you to save your history and favorites to the cloud.
How to turn on Trakt
To turn on Trakt in Metalliq, open up Metalliq’s settings and select update libraries from the general tab. You should then see a box labeled authenticate Trakt. Click yes, then go to the Trakt website and enter in the authentication code. Then, click the enable library sync toggle switches to have Metalliq periodically send your data to Trakt.
How to setup Metalliq
Unlike most addons, Metalliq requires a little bit of post-installation configuration. After you install Metalliq, you’ll need to open up its settings. There are many ways to get to an addon’s configuration page, but the easiest way is to right click on the Metalliq icon.
Note: If your Kodi device doesn’t have a mouse, move your mouse to the left side of the screen and select addon settings from the side panel menu.
Once you’re in Metalliq’s settings page, click the general tab and then click enable all players. Then, click run total setup.
Once all the steps described above are complete, Metalliq will be able to search through all your addons when you click something in Metalliq.
What to do if you can’t open any video streams
If many of the links you click inside of Metalliq don’t work, your ISP could be to blame. Some ISPs place blocks on various sites that host streaming content. To gain access to everything your video addons have to offer, you may want to consider installing a VPN. You can use a VPN to avoid blocks that your ISP has placed on various sites around the web.
Here are some articles that can help you learn how to install a VPN on various Kodi compatible devices: