On-demand movie streaming continues to be one of the main reasons Kodi keeps drawing in new users. The number of movie addons just keeps growing in number, to include the interesting Genvideos addon for Kodi. If you’re looking to make Genvideos a part of your Kodi streaming library, look no further! Our guide will show you how to install Genvideos on Kodi.
At the very bottom, we provide a useful walkthrough of what you’ll find in the Genvideos addon to help you better decide whether or not this is the right addon for you. We also provide a few alternatives you might find useful or interesting, just in case Genvideos experiences any technical glitches or doesn’t have exactly what you’re looking for.
Disclaimer: This guide is intended to help readers access content they already have purchased the rights to access, but are for whatever reason unable to access either temporarily, or permanently. Flixed.io does not support software piracy, and bears no responsibility for what you decide to do with the contents of this article. Furthermore, please note that Flixed.io in no way hosts, develops, or produces any of the software mentioned within this article. For more information, please see our full disclaimer here.
Before we Proceed
We highly recommend using a VPN when using Kodi. Kodi users have been known to receive copyright infringement notices for streaming movies, sports, and TV shows through various addons. If you would like to keep your streaming habits private, our recommendation is IPVanish - a complete privacy solution for Kodi users. It's also worth noting that purchasing a 12 month subscription will give you two months free.
How to Install Genvideos on Kodi
The Genvideos addon for Kodi comes directly from the popular Kodi developer Mucky Duck (follow on Twitter @KODImediaportal). You can install Mucky Duck’s Genvideos on Kodi through the developer’s addon repository. There are two ways to get the repository:
- Add the repository through your Kodi addon file manager
- Add the repository through the SuperRepo super repository
If you haven’t already done so, we highly recommend installing the SuperRepo addon repository, as well as the TVADDONS Indigo (formerly Fusion) addon. These two super-repositories contain the developer repositories for almost every Kodi addon around and will go a long way toward saving you time in the long run. Click here to find out how to install these two super-repositories.
To install Genvideos through SuperRepo, do the following:
*Note: This assumes you have SuperRepo installed. Click here to learn how to install SuperRepo and other Kodi addon repositories.
- Highlight Addons on the left
- At the top of the right screen, select Install from repository
- If Install from repository is not present, click on anything, then hit the “…” at the top until you get to a screen that shows the Install from repository option
- In Install from repository locate and click on SuperRepo All
- Scroll down and click on Video addons
- Scroll down until you find Genvideos, then click on it
- Click on Install
- You can now find Genvideos from your home screen by going to Addons (if it doesn’t show up on the main page, select Addons on the left and then Video addons)
To install Genvideos through Mucky Ducks Repo, do the following:
- Go to your settings menu by clicking on the Gear Symbol at the top left
- Click on File manager
- Click on Add source
- Where it says None, type in the following exactly: http://muckys.mediaportal4kodi.ml
- Give the file a name, such as Mucky
- Return to your home screen
- Hover over Addons on the left and click on My addons at the top
- Click on Install from zip (if you don’t see this, click on the “…” at the top until you see it as an option)
- On the left, select the file you just named (in our case, Muckys)
- Select the repository folder to install it
- Now, select Install from repository
- Locate Mucky Ducks Repo and click on it
- Select Video addons
- Find Genvideos and click on it
- Select Install
- You will now find Genvideos from your home screen by going to Addons (or by going to the main page, selecting Addons and then Video Addons)
Genvideos Benefits and Limitations
Genvideos is an excellent Kodi addon, but not the best Kodi addon for movies that you’ll find out there. The reason for this is mainly due to the fact that Genvideos offers a fairly limited collection of videos. When you sift through the Genvideos Kodi addon library, you can indeed find a good number of movies that are brand new (released just this year) and some more recognizable classics. However, you may be left with a feeling that it’s lacking a good amount, especially if you’re a fan of foreign films or documentaries. Nevertheless, one of the real benefits to Genvideos is its easy-to-use menu.
The menu options in Genvideos include:
- Easy to navigate
- Option to search for videos
- Option to browse by year
- Popular movies menu
- Option to browse by genre
- Menu for most recent and most viewed movies
Those menu options handy, but are not particularly unique to Genvideos. You can find them pretty easily with other on-demand video streaming addons as well. In fact, in all, Genvideos is a bit of a let-down for anyone looking for more features. Additionally, you may find that it’s not as highly supported, so streams may go down and you might even run into a situation where nothing is showing up in the content menus at all.
Genvideos is a good one to have in reserve just in case, but it’s probably not going to be your “go-to” video streaming addon.
Alternatives to Genvideos Addon for Kodi
If you’re a bit let down by Genvideos, you may want to check out a few other popular, and fully-functional Kodi addon choices. Some of our favorites include:
Among these, Exodus tends to be the real winner, offering an extremely complex and well-built library filled with high-quality HD video as well as standard video streaming. Exodus also provides movies in different languages, as well as a good number of popular TV shows.
You can find some other great options on our longer listing: Best Kodi Addons for Movies.
We also recommend you consider some live TV addons as well. These addons quite often have live TV streams to popular movie channels like Sky, HBO, Starz, and more. You’ll find that the live TV addons quite often have some of the best quality video as well, while also offering content from far more regions than you’ll find with most other addons. For live TV, some of our favorites include: