Before we start, we want to highlight a particularly relevant stream in these uncertain times. Sling TV is one of the best options for streaming in 2020 with a rich catalogue of 50+ live channels and 50k+ on-demand movies and episodes.
For a limited time, you get Showtime, Starz, and Epix add-ons FREE ($24 worth of Premium TV for 30 days).
Sign up below to try Sling TV for $20.
Sling TV is the oldest “skinny bundle” internet TV subscription service. It has over 2.2 million subscribers, and was first launched in January 2015. Though it has quite a few channels available and a great set of customization options, its subscription plan can be somewhat confusing. Let’s dig into the details about Sling TV now.
Sling TV has two basic channel plans. You can choose Sling Orange, which provides you with around 30 channels, for just $30/month. Alternatively, you can get Sling Blue for $30/month, which will get you around 45 channels. If you need a more comprehensive set of channels, you can also combine both Sling Blue + Orange for $45/month. You can get more details about each package here.
Limited time offer
$20 for your first month
1 simultaneous stream.
Limited time offer$20.00/ month
$20 for your first month
3 simultaneous streams
|Sling Orange + Blue|
Limited time offer
$35 for your first month
4* simultaneous streams
All Sling packages come with Epix Drive-In for no additional fee. You can also get some other great film-focused channels, such as Tribeca Shortlist and IFC.
If that’s not enough for you, you can get even more Epix channels with the Epix Premium add-on. This add-on gives you access to EPIX, EPIX2, and EPIX Hits. You also get access to a total of about 2,000 on-demand films that you can watch at any time, which is a great bonus.
Other premium channels available for an additional fee on Sling TV include HBO, Showtime, STARZ, and Cinemax. You can see a full list here.
Sling TV does have a great user interface and plenty of platform support. You can use Sling TV on almost any device. If you’re on-the-go, you can watch on iOS and Android devices, as well as your laptop’s web browser. And at home, Sling TV supports platforms including Chromecast, Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV, Roku, Xbox One, LG and Samsung Smart TVs, and more. Learn more here.
Sling Orange only lets you stream on 1 device at a time. You won’t be able to share your subscription with anyone. Sling Blue is a better choice if you want to share your internet TV subscription with your family or friends, as you can stream on up to 3 devices simultaneously with Sling Blue. Learn more here.
Sling TV has a decent set of features. You’ll get a free 10 hour cloud DVR, which you can upgrade to 50 hours of storage for a $5/month fee. But due to licensing restrictions, it can’t be used on some Disney-owned channels like ESPN. Learn more here.
Sling TV has a pretty good library of on-demand content, including a wide variety of movies and TV shows from each of the channels included in your subscription package. You can find out more here.
Get the first month for only $20Sign up now
YouTube TV, by Google, is one of the best internet TV streaming services for watching Starz without cable. This is thanks to its great features, reasonable price and fantastic channel lineup. Learn more below.
YouTube TV, like Hulu With Live TV, has only a single package of channels. You’ll get 70+ channels for $49.99/month. Learn more here.
YouTube TV has a great lineup of channels, but Starz is a premium option, so you’ll need to pay $9/month extra for it. YouTube TV has a huge lineup of other premium channels, too, including Shudder, Sundance Now, Epix, AMC Premiere, and Showtime, to name a few – though it lacks HBO. Learn more here.
Youtube TV has great device support, and you can watch it on Chrome, iOS and Android, Apple TV, Roku, and Chromecast. Amazon Fire TV will be getting support in late 2019. You can also view YouTube TV on Xbox One, and some smart TVs from Samsung, LG, Hisense, VIZIO and Sharp. Learn more here.
You can watch on up to 3 devices at once with YouTube TV, which is more generous than the average of 2 streams. Learn more here.
The best feature of YouTube TV is its industry-leading cloud DVR. You can save as much content as you want for up to 9 months, with no other restrictions. You can also make up to 6 accounts, and each one gets its own DVR. Learn more here.
The YouTube TV on-demand library is pretty sizeable, and full of movies, recently-aired shows, and a few past seasons from its partner channels. You can get more details about the on-demand library here.
How to Watch Starz on Amazon Fire TV
While some cable providers let you use your login for the Starz Amazon Fire TV app, this is not yet supported for any of the above internet TV services.
How to Watch Epix on Amazon Fire TV
You can watch Epix on Amazon Fire TV with one of these streaming services: Sling TV or Youtube TV. Just download the Sling TV app from the Amazon App Store, sign in, and start streaming Epix on Amazon Fire TV right away.
How to Watch Epix on Roku
How to Watch Epix on Apple TV
Epix Website and Apps
You can stream Epix content on the Epix website, as long as you have a supported cable provider. In addition, you can also subscribe to an all-new, standalone streaming service EPIX NOW streaming service from Epix. The cost is only $5.99/month, so if you’re interested in watching Epix without cable and don’t care about watching other channels, this is certainly an inexpensive way to enjoy your favorite movies, shows, and Epix Originals.
Wondering what the difference is between each Epix channel, and about the type of content aired on each Epix affiliate? Let’s break down the differences between these 4 channels now.
- Epix – Epix is the flagship channel of this network, first launched in 2009. This channel airs blockbuster films, as well as comedy and music specials, and Epix Original shows.
- Epix2 – First launched on May 12, 2010, Epix2 offers much of the same content as the main Epix channel, as well as repeat showings of the original documentaries and TV shows aired on the primary channel.
- Epix Hits – Epix Hits, also sometimes called Epix 3, first launched in January, 2012. It also features many movies and first-run films, as well as original specials, documentaries, and Epix Original shows.
- Epix Drive-In – Epix Drive-In features a diverse set of films, from sci-fi, to horror, fantasy, comedy, action, and more—spanning the decades from the 1970s until today. Its unique mix of content has made it a top pick for cord-cutters.
What’s On Epix?
Not sure if you need Epix, or wondering what kind of content you can find across these 4 distinct Epix channels? Here’s the inside scoop of what’s on Epix!
- The latest blockbusters – As of writing, Epix has quite a few of the latest and greatest blockbusters and other highly-regarded movies. Baywatch, Power Rangers, and Transformers: The Last Knight are all shown regularly on the service, and most of these films are available on-demand. Other films include Star Trek, Creed, Jack Reacher: Never Go Back, and hundreds of others.
- Cinema classics – While much of Epix’s programming focuses on newer films, there is a good stock of cinema classics as well, including F/X, Mystic Pizza, Spaceballs, Friday the 13th, and Red Dawn. Other cult classics include The Warriors, Earth Girls Are Easy, and Manhunter.
- Epix Originals – Epix has a large variety of original programming, such as the action series Get Shorty, inspired by the Elmore Leonard novel of the same name, Berlin Station, a modern spy series, and Graves, starring Nick Nolte as an ex-president seeking to reclaim his legacy by addressing a variety of social issues.
- Original documentaries – Epix also has a variety of original documentaries that air regularly, like America Divided, which examines the fallout of the 2016 United States presidential election, and how it has affected politics in America.Other feature-length documentaries include Serena, which follows the life and athleticism of tennis pro Serena Williams, Deep Web, which explores criminal activity on the internet, and Doped: The Dirty Side Of Sports, which is about doping in sports, and the ineffectiveness of modern anti-doping policies.
- Stand-up comedy – Epix has a variety of different stand-up specials from highly regarded comedians like Nick Offerman & Megan Mullally, Tom Papa, Wanda Sykes, Michael Ian Black, Marc Maron, and many others.
Epix is also dedicated to becoming one of the first companies with full support for 4K. While most cable companies and channels are lagging behind, Epix plans on adopting 4K support sometime later this year.
Users will be able to stream originals like Get Shorty in 4K, as well as some films, like the James Bond flick Die Another Day, and summer blockbuster Transformers: The Last Knight on select devices that support 4K.