HBO Max is adding content at a rapid pace, and the vast majority of it is top-rated on IMDb and Rotten Tomatoes. As such, you’ll probably want to share your account with family and friends. But how many devices can stream HBO Max at the same time? You’ll find that the HBO Max simultaneous streaming policy is fairly generous when compared to similar services at the price you pay.
We’ll match you to the best live TV streaming service in under 5 minutes.Start Now
How Many Simultaneous Streams Come with HBO Max?
HBO Max allows you to stream on up to 3 devices at once. If you try to exceed this number, the service will give you a “streaming on too many devices” notification.
Although Apple TV+ lets you stream on up to 6 devices at once, the HBO Max streaming policy is fairly broad. Other services That’s more than any other on-demand service on the market:
- Netflix: Just 2 simultaneous screens with the $13.99/month Standard subscription
- Amazon Prime Video: Up to 3 streams per account, and just 2 for the same content
- Hulu on-demand: Just 2 streams per account
- Paramount+: Up to 3 streams per account
- Disney+: Up to 4 streams per account
By those numbers, HBO Max is right about even or beating most of its competitors in the on-demand streaming space. Alongside that streaming limit, HBO Max gives you up to 5 separate user profiles.
Can I Download Content to Watch Later?
Yes! HBO Max allows you to download up to 30 TV show episodes or movies at once. That limit applies across all user profiles, so all 5 user profiles will need to share that download limit. Videos downloaded for offline viewing will expire 48 hours after you begin viewing them.
Additionally, you can only download the same copy of a TV show or episode up to 5 times across all account profiles. And if you plan to download the movie with subtitles in a different language, choose the desired language before you start the download process.
What Devices Can I Use to Watch HBO Max?
You can watch HBO Max on almost any streaming device you currently own (or might want to purchase). At present, HBO Max has dedicated apps on the following devices:
- Amazon Fire TV
- Android TV
- Apple TV
- PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5
- Samsung TV (2016 models or later)
- Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S
- Newer Samsung Smart TVs
- Xfinity X1 and Flex
- Windows 7 PCs or newer
- macOS X 10.10 (Yosemite) computers or newer
- Chromebook with Chrome browser version 78 or newer
- Latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, and Microsoft Edge
- Safari Version 12 or later
- Android phones or tablets running Android OS 5 or newer
- iOS phones or tablets running version 12.2 or newer
- Amazon Fire tablets (4th generation or newer)
Given the size of that list, there’s a good chance you have at least one device that works with HBO Max. The biggest area missing for users is smart TVs. If you only have a smart TV for on-demand viewing beyond mobile devices, you may want to consider a Roku, Apple TV, or Amazon Fire TV device.