HBO Max has top-rated content and some of the best features on the market for an on-demand streaming service. However, the $14.99 per month price might be too much to handle for some cord-cutters who have already subscribed to half a dozen streaming services. If you’ve decided that it’s time to call it quits, here’s how to quickly and easily cancel an HBO Max subscription.
Before we start, we want to highlight a bill negotiation and subscription cancellation service. Billshark can help you save 25% on monthly bills in minutes by cancelling unwanted subscriptions and negotiating better rates for your bills. Billshark doesn't get paid until you lower your bill or cancel your subscription.
Sign up below to start saving.
How to Cancel Your HBO Max Subscription
Canceling your HBO Max subscription should only take a few minutes, although there are some complications to consider, depending on what method you used to create your account. That said, here’s how to cancel a subscription if you’ve signed up through the standard method (through HBO Max directly).
After you log into your Apple TV account, do the following.
1. log into your HBO Max account
2. Select the Profile icon
3. Go to your settings
4. Select “Billing Information”
5. Select “Manage Subscription
6. Choose “Cancel”
7. Finally, confirm your cancellation
And you’re done! As noted, the cancellation process is super easy. This process applies to using the mobile app. Device cancellation options may be limited if you’re trying to access your user settings from other device apps, such as via Amazon Prime Video channels.
Can I Cancel HBO Max from AT&T TV?
If you created an HBO Max account through AT&T TV, you cannot cancel. AT&T TV incorporates HBO Max as part of the subscription package. As such, it’s a package deal that can’t be separated out into individual parts. If you signed up for AT&T TV to get HBO Max, you may want to instead cancel your AT&T TV subscription and get a different (lower cost) service. Or, you could sign up for the AT&T TV Entertainment package, which does not include HBO Max.
Can I Cancel HBO Max through Hulu or YouTube TV?
For YouTube TV:
- Log into your account
- Go to your profile picture to access your Settings
- Select the checkmark box next to the add-on network you want to remove (in this case, HBO Max)
- Select “Agree” to finish the process
For Hulu + Live TV:
- Log into your account
- In the account settings, select “Your Subscription”
- Select “Manage Plan”, located next to “Hulu Base Plan”
- Find the add-ons, and change the checkmark next to HBO Max to an X
For Amazon Prime Video:
- Log into your Amazon Prime account
- Click here to access the “Manage Your Prime Video Channels” page
- Locate the subscription you want to cancel (HBO Max)
- Click or tap on “Cancel Channel” and confirm the cancellation
For Apple TV Channels:
- Open Apple TV
- Go to your Settings page
- Select “Users” and then “Accounts”
- Locate the HBO Max subscription
- Follow the instructions for cancellation
For any third-party subscription option not listed here, you can usually find the cancellation method through your service’s account settings.