Australian comedy Sando is slated to debut on Acorn TV in spring or early summer of this year.
Sando follows Victoria ‘Sando’ Sandringham as she tries to reunite her family and regain control of the family’s furniture retail business.
Acorn TV Originals
Acorn TV Originals represent Acorn TV’s response to growing competition for North American Anglophiles’ attention.
Among the other series launching or returning in 2018:
- Detectorists – A British comedy about members of a metal detecting club.
- Girlfriends – This British drama follows the relationship between three middle-aged women.
- Striking Out – The trials and tribulations of a young Irish lawyer as she builds her legal practice.
- Keeping Faith – A Welsh solicitor investigates her husband’s mysterious disappearance.
- Straight Forward – A Danish criminal searches for her redemption in a small New Zealand town.
- Agatha Raisin – A British adaptation of M.C. Beaton’s mystery novels
Acorn TV built a reputation among the Anglophile set by distributing TV shows from the former British Empire. Once, Acorn TV was the only game in town. Now it faces competition as Netflix and Amazon. Acorn TV Originals are the streaming service’s answer to an increasingly crowded streaming market.