When Apple announced its streaming service, it did so by heavily advertising a few key shows and personalities. From Jason Mamoa in See to Steve Carrell in The Morning Show, the service has a small, but unique content library and list of titles for its Apple TV+ streaming service.
We’ll match you to the best live TV streaming service in under 5 minutes.Start Now
How Much Content is Available On-Demand From Apple TV+?
There’s not much content currently available on Apple TV+. The service had only a handful of original TV shows, movies, and other content at launch. As of this time of writing, there are 11 individual titles available on Apple TV+. Two more are scheduled with available trailers, while more are planned for 2020. That library is set to expand as Apple plans to spend several billion dollars per year on new content.
Why does Apple TV+ have such a small library? Mostly because Apple has never owned or created content in the past. The company additionally decided not to license content for its service, instead opting to start from scratch with all original content.
What Kind of Content Can I Expect From the Apple TV+ On-Demand Library?
Apple TV+ features a little bit of everything. There’s currently at least one series, TV show, or documentary in the following genres:
- Science fiction
- Kids and family
Apple plans to add more content in those genres and will likely expand to other genres, as well.
Does Apple TV+ On-Demand Content Have Commercials?
All Apple TV+ content comes commercial-free. This is in stark contrast to services like Hulu on-demand and CBS All Access, both of which make subscribers pay extra for an ad-free experience. And even Disney+ has a minor amount of ads for some content based on its licensing buy-back agreement with Starz.
That said, one might encounter various types of product placement advertising for Apple devices inserted into Apple TV+ programming.
What Apps Can I Use to Watch Apple TV+ On-Demand?
As is common with Apple, the company primarily only offers apps for its own devices. However, it did slightly expand beyond the Apple product line to include a select few devices and operating systems.
The entire line-up of supported devices and operating systems includes:
- TV streaming media players: Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV or Fire TV Stick, Roku
- Smart TVs: Samsung Smart TVs, Roku TVs, Vizio TVs
- Mobile devices and tablets: iOS phones, iPads, iPod Touch
- Game consoles: None
- Desktop browsers: Most common Mac and Windows browsers, such as Safari, Chrome, and Firefox
Apple TV+ Content Library (Available Now)
At present, Apple TV+ includes no licensed content. Every TV show, movie, documentary, etc., is originally created and produced. The complete list of content available in 2019 includes:
- The Morning Show (Drama, TV Series)
- See (Sci-Fi Drama, TV Series)
- For All Mankind (Sci-Fi Drama, TV Series)
- Dickinson (Comedy, TV Series)
- Ghostwriter (Kids and Family, TV Series)
- Helpsters (Kids and Family, TV Series)
- Snoopy in Space (Kids and Family, Shorts)
- Oprah’s Book Club (Talk Show, TV Series)
- The Elephant Queen (Nature Documentary, Movie)
- Little America (Anthology, Comedy/Drama)
- Mythic Question: Raven’s Banquet (Comedy)
- Visible: Out on Television (Docuseries)
- Hala (Drama, Movie)
- Servant (Drama, TV Series)
- Truth Be Told (Drama, TV Series)
Yes, this list is small. And yes, this is all there is as of November 2019.
Apple TV+ Content Library (Upcoming)
Apple has big plans for the upcoming months and years. The following content will be available from 2020 and onward, but may not have any announced release dates.
- The Banker (Drama, Movie)
- Severance (Thriller/Horror)
- Amazing Stories (Anthology)
- Calls (Thriller/Drama)
- Central Park (Animated Musical Comedy)
- Defending Jacob (Crime Drama)
- El Gato Negro (Drama)
- Foundation (Science Fiction)
- Home (Docuseries)
- Home Before Dark (Mystery Drama)
- Lisey’s Story (Horror Drama)
- Little Voice (Romantic Comedy-Drama)
- Masters of the Air (War Drama)
- The Mosquito Coast (Drama)
- My Glory Was I Had Such Friends (Drama)
- Pachinko (Drama)
- Prehistoric Planet (Docuseries)
- Shantaram (Drama)
- Slow Horses (Spy Drama)
- Swagger! (Sports Drama)
- Ted Lasso (Comedy)
- Untitled Brie Larson CIA Series (Drama)
- Untitled Oprah Winfrey/Prince Harry Mental Health Docuseries (Docuseries)
- Untitled Oprah Winfrey Sexual Assualt Docuseries (Docuseries)
- Untitled Simon Kinberg/David Weil Science Fiction Series (Science Fiction)
- Alabama (Comedy
- False Flag (Thriller)
- Losing Earth (Docuseries)
- Mr. Corman (Comedy-Drama)
- Time Bandits (Fantasy)
- Untitled Colleen McGuinness Comedy Series (Comedy)
- Untitled Ramy Youssef/Stephen Way Series (Comedy-Drama)
- A Christmas Carol (Musical)
- Dads (Documentary)
- On the Rocks (Comedy-Drama)
- The Sky Is Everywhere (Drama)
- Toxic Labor (Documentary)
- Untitled Billie Eilish Documentary (Documentary)
- Wolfwalkers (Animation)
When Will Apple TV+ Get More Content?
With its planned content spending, Apple TV+ should get more content into 2020. Bookmark this page and come back every few months to learn more about what’s coming to Apple TV+, or sign up for the Flixed Newsletter to learn about new content as it comes.