Having issues with Amazon Prime Video, or just wondering what kind of support you can get? In this article, we’ll discuss all of your Amazon Prime Video support options, and how you can troubleshoot your video issues and get help when you need it.
Before we start, we want to highlight a featured deal. The Disney Bundle is one of the best options for streaming in 2020 with a package that offers a rich catalogue of content for all ages including movies, shows, and sports.
Sign up below to get the whole bundle for only $12.99 a month or start a 7 day trial for Disney Plus.
Amazon Prime Video Knowledge Base
If you prefer to do things on your own and would like to troubleshoot your issue, there’s a very good chance you can resolve your issue with the information in the Amazon Prime Video Knowledge Base. The categories in this section include:
- Popular Topics, which includes instructions on canceling your subscription, installing Prime Video on your devices and more.
- Setting Up Prime Video, which has all the information you need about watching Prime Video on different devices, downloading videos and more.
- Troubleshooting is, naturally, dedicated to troubleshooting issues like video buffering, being unable to play certain titles, canceling accidental purchases and more.
- Supported Devices outlines the device supported by Amazon Prime Video, and how you can set it up on each one.
- Prime Video Channels is dedicated to issues related to the Amazon Prime Video Channels feature, which lets you add certain channels like HBO for an additional fee.
- Terms & Conditions is a truly interesting read! You’ll be entertained for hours! Just kidding. It’s just an outline of the legal agreements that apply to you when you use Amazon Prime Video.
Get More Help Via Web Chat Or A Phone Call
Can’t figure out your issue on your own? You can get Amazon Prime Video support from a customer service representative to ensure you can get back to watching your favorite shows. Just click the “Contact Us” button, as seen in the screenshot below.
Next, you can choose to get a phone call, which usually takes about 2 minutes, or open up an instant chat window.
Just choose the option you’d prefer. Then, start talking with a customer service agent, and you’ll be connected with someone who can help you resolve your issue.
Free 7-day TrialSubscribe Now