Looking for a quick-and-easy way to turn on subtitles while using Exodus to watch streams? If the answer was yes, keep reading. The short guide below will tell you everything you need to know.
Disclaimer: This guide is intended to help readers access content they already have purchased the rights to access, but are for whatever reason unable to access either temporarily, or permanently. Flixed.io does not support software piracy, and bears no responsibility for what you decide to do with the contents of this article. Furthermore, please note that Flixed.io in no way hosts, develops, or produces any of the software mentioned within this article. For more information, please see our full disclaimer here.
- 1 Before we Proceed
- 2 Configure your global subtitle settings (Kodi Krypton)
- 3 Configure your global subtitle settings (Kodi Jarvis)
- 4 How to download and setup subtitles in Exodus
Before we Proceed
We highly recommend using a VPN when using Kodi. Kodi users have been known to receive copyright infringement notices for streaming movies, sports, and TV shows through various addons. If you would like to keep your streaming habits private, our recommendation is IPVanish - a complete privacy solution for Kodi users. It's also worth noting that purchasing a 12 month subscription will give you two months free.
Configure your global subtitle settings (Kodi Krypton)
Before you setup subtitles in Exodus, it’s a good idea to configure your global subtitle settings. This will tell Exodus which language to download subtitles for when you’re ready to add subtitles to your stream.
1. Click the gear icon
2. Select the player settings menu
3. Configure your language settings
Kodi downloads English subtitles by default. If you want to change that, click languages to download subtitles for and pick a different language from the list.
4. Choose your subtitles addon
Click default tv show service. You should see a screen that looks like the one depicted below.
Click get more to pull up a list of subtitle addons. Then, choose open subtitles.
Next, select default movie service and choose open subtitles once again.
Configuring open subtitles
- Go to opensubtitles.org and create an account.
- Open up the addons main menu, then click the enter addons browser button.
- Next, click my addons and open the menu labeled subtitles.
- Hover over open subtitles, then alt click it to bring up the contextual menu.
- Enter in your open subtitles username and password.
Configure your global subtitle settings (Kodi Jarvis)
Follow the steps below to configure your global subtitle settings in Kodi Jarvis.
1. Navigate to system → settings → video → subtitles
2. Install Open Subtitles
Click default TV service → get more and select open subtitles. Then, click default movie service → get more and select open subtitles once again.
Note: You have to scroll down to find the default TV service / default movie service menus.
3. Get an Open Subtitles account
You have to sign up for an account to use the official version Open Subtitles. You can do that by opening up a web browser and visiting opensubtitles.org.
4. Enter your Open Subtitles credentials into Kodi
To bring up the Open Subtitles configuration screen, get the addon and then hover over it and press “c” on your keyboard to bring up Kodi’s contextual menu. Then, select configure.
5. Configure Open Subtitles
After you’ve got Open Subtitles, go back to system → settings → video → subtitles.
Scroll down to make Open Subtitles your default TV and Movie subtitle service via the default TV service → get more and default movie service → get more settings menus.
How to download and setup subtitles in Exodus
There are two ways to setup subtitles in Exodus. The easiest way is to use a subtitles service like Open Subtitles to download subtitles from within Kodi. Alternatively, if you already have a subtitle file that you want to use you can import the subtitles file via the settings menu.
Note: If you’re watching an obscure or brand new movie or TV show episode, you may have trouble finding subtitles.
Using Open Subtitles to download subtitles in Exodus
If you’ve already followed the steps for setting up your global subtitles settings defined in the first part of this article, all you need to do to turn on subtitles in Exodus is flip on the subtitles toggle switch.
1. Open a movie or TV show in Exodus
2. Click the subtitles icon on the bottom right part of the screen
3. Click download
4. Choose the subtitle file you want to use
Open Subtitles users can rate individual subtitle files. Low ranking subtitle files are often inaccurate or out of sync.
Note: If Open Subtitles doesn’t have the subtitles you want, try downloading some other subtitle services. As the screenshot below demonstrates, it is possible to use two subtitle services simultaneously. Super Subtitles doesn’t have as many subtitles as Open Subtitles, but it is a good backup for Open Subtitles.
Using your own subtitle files in Exodus
If you’ve downloaded a subtitle file to your computer and you want to use it in Exodus, you can. Here’s how to import a subtitle file in Exodus.
1. Open a movie or TV show in Exodus
2. Open settings
To open settings, click the gear icon. The gear icon is located on the bottom of the screen, to the right of the subtitles icon.
3. Select audio and subtitle settings
4. Click the enable subtitles toggle switch
5. Browse subtitles and navigate to wherever you saved your subtitle file
There are many websites that offer free subtitle downloads. Here are a few popular subtitle sites you can use:
- Moviesubtitles.org. This website has one of the largest collection of subtitles around. Many different languages are featured here, including Spanish, German and Dutch.
- OpenSubtitles.com. If for some reason you can’t download the Open Subtitles addon for Kodi, you can just download subtitle files directly from the site instead.
- DivxTitles.com. With 135218 subtitle files, this site is also quite large.
- SubtitlesBox.com. In addition to hosting subtitle files, this site also contains celebrity news and gossip, actor profiles and more.
- SubtitleOnline.com. Subtitle Online is relatively new, so it doesn’t have as many subtitles as the other sites listed above. However, if you want to watch a popular TV show there’s a big chance that you’ll find what you’re looking for here. Subtitles are available in 11 different languages.